Thursday, August 13, 2009

Yellowstone 2009


Well, life became a good deal bleaker for me today. I just cancelled my room reservations for this year. I was truly looking forward to the trip, but nothing worked out as planned. The year started with such promise and a few spring hikes showed I was ready for the treks. The year was actually going well in spite of a downward trend in business, but this will cure me of being too optimistic in the future. So I don't get to visit Middle Creek (pictured) or hit the Drake hatch on Soda Butte. I'll use the money saved to pay down some bills, hmm, being practical has no soul.

2 comments:

Paul said...

You are not alone Sing&Fish! I get out to yellowstone 3 to 4 times a year and have not missed a year in 10 years - until this year. Started a company; new baby; 'nuff said. I am already locking in 2010. Let's keep our fingers crossed.

Singing Insurance Dude said...

Thanks for comments and thanks for looking. I was hoping the construction meant the NE corner might be less crowded than normal. If you come back, let me know where your favorite waters are.